Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Moab Trail Work

Well, it turns out, I didn't go race in Mesquite afterall this last weekend. I decided to save the cash I would have spent on beer, gambling, and debauchery for some of my more favorite races later to come. However, I did do something pretty productive with my weekend. Oz and I went to Moab to do a little trail work with a buddy from the non profit motorized access group, Ride With Respect, on some of the most primo motorized single track in the state. I'm proud to say I get to help out on this trail. The new section will open in March and I can't wait to ride it. Ride With Respect has done a stellar job on this trail system. Even tho I didn't race, I was still a little sore the next day after we lugged a 2500 Honda generator in a wheel barrow, rock bars, and a Hilti drill through the technical single track. The snow covered north facing downhills were interesting trying to negotiate a wheel barrow packing a generator. Running the drill was fun. Breakin rocks is always theraputic to me somehow. Oz seems to like a little trail work too and is proving to be a good trail side kick. As for the rest of February I'll be concentrating on getting ready to hit the Rhino Rally in St. George at full force. More to come!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debauchery is my favorite word. (Nick)

Chris Pease & Christie Wilkes said...

KARI!

Hey, I think I saw you this weekend. I was out fighting crime too and I recognized yer sexy ass in that tight leather car suite you sport...

Can't wait to hang in St. George with ya!

- and hey, post some pics of the Home Improvement, Tim Allen!? I wanna see yer handy-work!

Chris Pease & Christie Wilkes said...

Hey-

You better plan on hookin' up in St. George. I'll have my cell.

The pics are killer. Love yer blog!

PS - Chris & I just joined Desert Foxes.